Looking for a good digital piano on a budget can be a pretty daunting task. Not in the wrong way, but because there are so many fantastic products in the market. Finding the 5 best Digital pianos under $1000 will need extensive market research so you can finally make an informed buy.
But the good thing is, we have covered you on that end. It does not matter if you are a professional or amateur; we have shortlisted some of the best digital pianos currently dominating the market. Keep reading to know their stand-out features, pros, specs, and possible drawbacks.
Tip: Regardless if you are a pro or beginner pianist, always pick a product based on your requirements, its pros, and cons. Ideally, a piano with 88 keys and graded hammer standard is a good one for all.
#1 Yamaha P115
Yamaha P115 is a full-size digital piano with 88 weighted keys and standard hammer action, thus feels nice to play and is one of the 5 Best Digital Pianos Under $1000
When you tap on a key, the graded hammer strikes the string inside the piano. The harder you press the keys, the louder the sound or vibration gets. Digital piano has an auxiliary cable that connects the external amplifiers or other devices.
It is built on rhythms from bare rock to swing metals. The piano weighs only 37.5 pounds and has dimensions of 58.2 x 16.1 x 11.8 inches.
Yamaha P115 is priced at $782.96, which fits well onto category 5 Best Digital Pianos Under $1000
- This Yamaha P115 has an application that allows you to save and configure your settings.
- It has fourteen different sound presets.
- You will only get the warranty if you purchase it from amazon.com.
Is It Worth It?
Yes, this is one of the top models ever produced by Yamaha. It has a sound quality that is superior to all the models in the P series.
- Highly Portable.
- USB host port.
- It also has an option for adjusting the sensitivity of the keys.
- Graded Hammer standard weighted full-sized keyboard.
- Sampled sound from Yamaha’s great CF III.
- Controller App – Has GUI for quick navigation and configuration.
- PA 150 power supply and sustain pedal.
The quality of the product is believed to be great. The quality of sound produces hard to get in a price range within $1000. It has excellent features like GHS keys and GUI controlling app.
Additional Features of Yamaha P115:
- CF Sample – The CF sound engine is sampled from Yamaha CF III grand piano, which is heard by the world; the same CF Engine is used by this P115 which allows incredible dynamics to the quality of the sound. Higher touch on the lower end and lower touch on the higher end.
- Authentic Touch – The P115 boasts about its graded hammer standard technology, giving an authentic piano touch.
- Enhanced Sound – Melody and treble passages are pretty excellent and expressive. It comes with two amplifiers of 7 watts each.
You will get to have a 3-year extended warranty on this product.
Who is Yamaha P115 best for?
With the premium features and additional benefits, the Yamaha P115 is an excellent pick for pro pianists. It is also one of the best 5 Best Digital Pianos Under $1000
What Do People Say About Yamaha P115?
#1 Warm sound and tone
The user is overwhelmed by the warm sound and tone of the piano.
#2 The best choice ever
The P115 has several pros over its predecessor models and is one of the best in the budget.
#1 Fun and valuable for classical pianists
The user is pleased with the product and suggests it’s best for classical pianists.
#2 Amazing reverb
The piano has a great reverb that stands out great at events and parties.
Casio PX-770 is a grand piano combined with excellent key action. It comes with a compact cabinet style that has an integrated three-pedal system and it is one of the 5 Best Digital Pianos Under $1000
It has a 128-note polyphony, allowing you to play music without missing out on a tone. Casio PX-770 is a furniture-type piano that goes beyond the expectations of any electric piano. For a better experience, some primary function buttons have been relocated on the keyboard’s left-hand side.
It has many improved prospects for surpassing the standard models of Casio. It comes in three color shades black, white and brown.
Casio PX-770 BK Privia is priced at $749,25. It is one of the Best Digital Pianos Under $1000
- Damper resonance and hammer response.
- It is capable of recording two tracks that can overlap to play simultaneously
- It does not have a screen display
Is Casio PX-770 Worth It?
In case you are looking for a good quality digital piano, primarily for home usage, it is a great product.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Compact and does eat much space.
- Dimensions: 54.53″ x 11.77″ x 31.42″ / Weight: 69.4 lbs.
- Keyboard: 88 fully weighted keys with artificial ebony & ivory tops.
- 3 level touch sensitivity.
- Key action: tri-sensor scaled hammer action II.
- Sound engine: Air Sound Source multi-dimensional morphing.
- Instrument sounds: 19 in total (5 pianos).
- 60 preset songs.
- Modes: duo, split, dual.
- Lesson function.
- MIDI recorder: 2 tracks.
- Octave shift, transpose, fine-tuning, metronome.
- Concert play feature: 10 songs.
- Temperament: 17 types.
- USB to Host, sustain jack, two headphone jacks.
- Two 8Watt speakers.
The air sound engine that this piano uses is called Air Sound Source. It has a superior capacity which provides good order to hold better samples and produces a better sound.
The speaker system can be the most impressive aspect of this piano and is equipped with two 8-watt speakers, which do more than enough for home-usage.
Additional Features of Casio PX-770:
- Dual Mode: Enables you to mix two sounds offered by the instrument. When you select two sounds, the device will mix them and thus create complex and harmonic music.
- Split Mode: It allows you to fold the piano into two parts. Also, you can allocate different sounds for each part.
- Duet Mode: If you happen to be a beginner, this mode will help you a lot. You can split the keyboard into two halves and practice specific notes at the same time.
- Keyboard: A full-sized keyboard with 88 keys having ivory and ebony touch. Tri-sensor scaled hammer actin 11 serves you the advantage of replicating the functioning process of acoustic keyboards.
Generally, all musical instruments have a warranty period of 1 year. And sometimes it depends on the distributors you are buying from.
Who Is Casio PX-770 Best For?
It is the best digital piano for beginners and intermediates. Very helpful in learning piano. Also from the price side, it is one of the 5 Best Digital Pianos Under $1000
What Do People Say About Casio PX-770?
#1 Incredible Sound output
The sound output of the piano is incredible.
#2 Great Design
Users also like the built design of the piano.
#1 Sleek and modern design
The piano is excellently designed with crisp sound output.
#2 Feels like an acoustic piano
An excellent electronic piano that almost feels like an acoustic one.
#3 Yamaha P45
It is the latest model in the P series, the successor of P35.
It is an 88 weighted key digital keyboard that highlights Advance Wave Management which creates rich music. Enhanced quality, and it boasts of its 64-note polyphony for a rich and classy quality of music.
It has a contemporary design, has better portability and storage. Digital piano weighs 36 pounds, and it has got dimensions of 52.25 x 11.5 x 6 inches.
It has a price range of $500 – $1000.
- It does not have many buttons and unnecessary placements, making it the best for beginners.
- The low and high notes act differently as a grand piano.
- The position of the headphone input may cause discomfort.
Is Yamaha P45 Worth It?
Yes, of course, this is the latest model of Yamaha’s contemporary series. It has enhanced features. It is the lowest-cost 88 key digital keyboard with AWM technology and GHS.
- Lightweight and compact.
- Ten different voices or sample tones from real acoustic pianos.
- Single-button operation.
- Graded hammer standard action keys.
- Advanced Wave Memory.
A product with a single button operation and GHS is incredible. Also, having the AWM makes it even more classy.
This product showcases two modes and is entirely user-friendly. It produces a sound that is exactly like an acoustic piano.
Additional Features of Yamaha P45
- AWM Tech – It uses digital technology to record the most authentic sounds of grand acoustic pianos, and AWM sampling creates a deep and rich tone by combining pairs of waveforms.
- Dual/Split Mode – The dual-mode allows you to mix up two of the ten preset voices for rich sound, while the split mode allows you to play two different sounds in the higher and lower end.
- USB Host – The USB Host Port allows you to connect your devices like computers and mobiles to the device. This is the same input and output of MIDI and supports 1/4″ headphone output, which lets your practice be silent.
- Reverb & Chorus Effects – Another fantabulous feature of chorus and reverb effects that allows for excellent sound quality and enhanced sound effects.
- Furthermore, it also boasts of its metronome and ECO operation, which automatically shuts off the piano after a period of inactivity.
It has a year of manufacturer’s warranty.
Who Is Yamaha P45 Best For?
It is an ideal instrument for both beginners and intermediates, which gives you the best experience of a real acoustic piano. It is compact and lightweight and has better portability.
What Do People Say About Yamaha P45?
#1 Better than a lot of other products on the market
The piano is super-smooth and is capable of producing incredible music.
#2 Great reverb
The piano has great reverb effects and comes in premium quality.
#1 Great quality at a great price
Given the premium features the piano comes with, it is pretty decently priced.
#2 Looks and sounds great
The keys are way faster of this piano than other similar products. It is well-designed, and the sound output is exceptional.
It is a full-sized digital piano with semi-weighted 88 keys, with an adjustable response of the keys. If you are a beginner, you can take advantage of its split mode.
The Alesis recital has a modern or futuristic look. It’s slim and lightweight, and the keys are decorated with LED lights which will give you a great experience.
It boasts its premium sound quality. It has five voices, including acoustic piano, electric piano, synth, bass, and organ.
This semi-weighted 88 key keyboard has adjustable touch sensitivity. Technology is at its best. It is equipped with two 20-watt speakers, which makes the sound fill up the room. There is also a lesson mode that beginners can use for easy learning.
It has a price range between $500 to $1000.
- Sleek design, which takes up minimal space.
- It comes with a premium subscription to Skoove, which has 60 lessons to master your skills.
- Made only for beginners.
Is Alesis Recital Worth It?
Yes, you can count on this product. It has features with advanced tech, and the price of this Alesis Recital is pretty reasonable.
- Highly Portable.
- It weighs 16.2 pounds and has dimensions of 3.6 x 11.52 x 50.52 inches.
- RCA or Aux inputs.
- USB connectivity.
- 5Pre-installed voices.
- 128 note polyphony.
You would not expect such features from a piano under $500. The sound out is excellent. It has reverb and chorus effects which produces a sound of high quality.
Additional Features of Alesis Recital:
- Sound – The sound quality is incredible compared to that of other highly-priced digital pianos.
- Three months Premium Subscription – It comes with a free 3-month premium subscription to Skoove, which will help you with your learning process and several advancements.
- Modes – It has a split mode that allows you to get your piano into two halves and lets you play two different notes simultaneously.
- Speakers & Connectivity – It has two 20-watt speakers which produce an excellent quality sound, and it supports USB and AUX cables which allow you to connect with your phone and record your music.
- Virtual Class – Gives you 60 virtual classes absolutely free.
It comes with a year of manufacturer’s warranty, though sometimes it depends on the distributors you are buying it from.
Who Is Alesis Recital Best For?
It is manufactured thinking about the beginners or school or college-goers.
What Do People Say About Alesis Recital?
#1 Worth the buy
Extremely easy to use with touch-sensitive keys.
#2 Great for beginners
This piano is a great beginner one that can also be used for lighter gigs for pros.
#1 Great one for both beginners and pros
It is packed with features and makes for a great buy in the budget.
Casio PX 860 is a combination of action and sound engine power, which showcases class and quality. It is a full-sized digital piano with 88 keys with ivory finishing. Digital piano has 88 full-sized weighted scaled hammer action tri-sensor keys. It has 256-note polyphony. This digital piano on one of the 5 Best Digital Pianos Under $1000
It also provides USB inputs that connect to your iOS or Android and records your music. Digital piano has more realistic acoustic sounds. It has a new feature called Hall Simulation. It has outstanding features surpassing all its predecessors. Weighing 90 pounds and has the dimensions of 58 x 15 x 16 inches.
Casio PX-860 BK Privia is available in the market with a price range of around $1000.
- Screen display.
- It has a USB and headphone interface.
- A bit heavy to carry than the other models.
Is Casio PX-860 BK Privia Worth It?
It would be great to buy, because it has so many advanced features like tri-sensor keys, hall simulation, etc. Px-860 has retained all the features from its predecessors and is way more upgraded than the previous models, and still has a price of around $1000. It is one of the 5 Best Digital Pianos Under $1000 ever introduced
- Ten live orchestra performances are installed.
- It also has additional accessories like a headphone and a seat for the player.
- Audio Recording (44.1 kHz WAV Format / up to approximately 25 min. per song)
- 18 high-quality tones, including stereo-sampled grand piano tones
- Digital effects: reverb and chorus (4 types), brilliance, DSP (preset for some tones)
- Lesson feature using60 Music Library song, also ten user loaded songs
- Two Grand Piano buttons and an Electronic Piano button for instant access
- Recorder: 2 tracks x 1 song, approximately 5,000 notes
- USB flash drive port
- Line OUT jacks (L/MONO, R)
- Shuts off automatically after a period of inactivity.
Showcasing classic features, the PX-860 is a fantastic product. With 256 polyphony notes, this product generates a sound precisely like grand pianos.
Additional Features of Casio PX-860 BK Privia:
- Keyboard – It has 88 keys, with tri-sensors and grand piano sound timing. It also has ebony and ivory keys for optimal fingertip fitting.
- Lid-Simulator – Reproduces same sounding effects as an acoustic piano.
- Hall Simulator – Grants the piano with the ability which produces music as it would sound exactly in a large hall.
- Damper Resonance – Achieves more beautiful resonance by using a pedal by a stereo resonance simulator installed on the keys.
It has a 3-year extended warranty.
Who Is Casio PX-860 BK Privia Best For?
It is the best product for intermediates and aspiring pianists available in the market.
What Do People Say About Casio PX-860 BK Privia?
#1 Impeccable sound
The piano has an unmatched sound and makes one of the best pianos under $1000.
#2 Great piano in this budget
The piano is impeccable in terms of sound and design and is very affordably priced.
#1 Weighted keys and easy to store
With a sturdy and compact built, this piano is grand for storing almost anywhere.
#2 Excellent sound quality
The piano is excellent with excellent sound output and takes minimal space.
When it comes to musical instruments, we do have our favorites. And, trust me, this is the question that each one of us answers differently. All of our options fits onto the category 5 Best Digital Pianos Under $1000
But we believe that it is better to invest more when you buy a musical instrument.
We feel pleased with the products mentioned on this list where we have managed to get some of the best pianos available on that market.
And, our selected product is Casio PX-860.
It is a console piano with three pedals and produces an excellent sound quality, like an acoustic piano. It is a better choice for beginners and a great delight for advanced pianists too.
Furthermore, it seems to have almost everything you need. Like, you can connect it to your mobile or laptop with a standard USB cable, Casio also has microphone inputs. It has a 256-note polyphony and allows you to play composition without dropping a tone. It provides authenticity and suitable tones to aspiring pianists.
If You liked this article, check out our other ones at Aalberg Audio.