This article will provide you with all the necessary information about the Fender Aerodyne Jazz Electric Bass Guitar. If you are interested in buying the Fender Aerodyne Jazz Electric Bass Guitar or you just want to know more about the guitar itself, you should keep on reading.
For the bassist who wants a darkly alluring and notably modern take on a Fender classic, the Aerodyne Jazz Bass is a specialized all-black model unlike any other instrument in the family. It rocks a specially shaped slim body and carved bound top with no pickguard, stained rosewood fingerboard with no inlays, smoked-chrome control knobs and hardware, and a Stratocaster output jack. It also features the tonally versatile combination of a pummeling split single-coil Precision Bass® middle pickup and a growling Jazz Bass® single-coil bridge pickup.
The Fender Aerodyne Jazz is priced around 700 euros. Yet, what you get for the money is exceptional. You can check the latest offer here!
- Great price
- Beautiful looks
- Silky sounding pickups
- Premium sounds
- Fulfilling feeling when jamming
- Great functionality of the dual-controls on the guitar
- The guitar is very versatile and can be used to play many different genres and still have the silkiness of jazz, but the boldness and strong sounds of grunge at a switch.
- The guitar can sound too soft for some stronger genres, such as punk.
- The tuners can be soft, but the problem can be fixed with stronger tuners.
- Questionable quality of the guitar neck
This jazz bass features a bound basswood body with a unique carved top, a maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, and a matching painted headstock. It’s loaded with a Precision-Jazz pickup combination and rear-routed, top-mounted controls. The lack of a pickguard and fretboard inlays (side dots only) with smoked chrome appointments give it an especially clean, no-nonsense look. Playing the Fender bass guitar feels silky to the touch and the sounds can be sweet and jazzy as well as incredibly bold, strong and punchy.
- The Aerodyne Jazz Bass features the tonally versatile combination of a pummeling split single-coil Precision Bass® middle pickup and a bright, growling Jazz Bass® single-coil bridge pickup, widely known in bass guitar circles as a “P/J” pickup configuration.
- The sleekly specialized all-black Aerodyne Jazz Bass features a comfortable slim basswood body with special shaping and contours, a carved top and elegant cream binding.
- The Aerodyne Jazz Bass rocks an especially distinctive modern style, with a darkly alluring all-black look, specially shaped slim body and carved top with no pickguard, stained rosewood fingerboard with no inlays, smoked-chrome control knobs and hardware, Stratocaster output jack and more.
- Featuring both J Bass and P Bass pickups, this bass offers a huge range of tones.
- Unique bound-top, Strat output jack, and smoked chrome bridge and tuners provide a unique look.
- A fast-action neck makes this bass fast and extremely playable.
- Body Material – Basswood
- B Finish – Urethane
- Body Shape – Jazz Bass®
- Body Binding – Cream
- Bridge Pickup – Standard Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Middle Pickup – Standard Split Single-Coil Precision Bass®
- Controls Volume
- 1. Volume
- 2. Master Tone
- Switching – None
- Configuration – SS
- Bridge – 4-Saddle Standard
- Hardware Finish – Smoked Chrome
- Tuning Machines – Standard Open-Gear
- Pickguard – None
- Control Knobs – Knurled Dome
- Neck Plate – 4-Bolt Standard
- Neck Material – Maple
- N Finish Satin Urethane
- N Shape – “C” Shape
- Scale Length – 34″ (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard Material – Stained Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius – 7.25″ (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets – 20
- Fret Size – Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material – Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width – 1.5″ (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays – Side Dot
The Fender Aerodyne Jazz is a superb guitar made for many different players. It is a compromise of both, soft and hard, and that is why the sound of the guitar can be so versatile. Once plugged in the amp the sound of the guitar is smooth and agt the same time, the sound has a presence like no other bass guitar.
The guitar itself has a very nice and sturdy build. It is made out of good quality materials, which makes the guitar durable and more pleasant to play. You can move around with the guitar, take it to gigs and play it with a real feel. The guitar stays in tune and it really can’t be tuned down once heard.
The guitar has three versions:
- Fender Aerodyne Classic Bass
- This variant has a radiused, carved basswood Precision Bass body with cream binding and flamed maple top, P/J pickups, Jazz Bass neck with a 20-fret stained rosewood fingerboard with aged Pearloid dot inlays, matching headstock and a 3-ply white pickguard. It was introduced in 2006 and was offered in Natural, Blue, and Crimson Red Transparent finishes.
- Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
- This version of the Aerodyne Jazz features a radiused, carved basswood Jazz Bass body with cream binding in a non-transparent finish, matching painted headstock, “C” shape Jazz Bass neck with a 20-fret stained rosewood fingerboard with aged Pearloid dot inlays, P/J pickups, a 3-ply black/white/black pickguard, and a chrome Jazz style control plate with chrome knobs and output jack. It was introduced in 2006 as a Japanese non-export model, available in Black, Dolphin Grey (metallic), Old Candy Apple Red (metallic), Lake Placid Blue and Cream (with black bindings).
- Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
- This version of the Aerodyne Jazz is similar to the other Japan non-export models, except that it has two (DiMarzio-designed, but manufactured in Japan) J-style pickups instead of a stock P/J pickup configuration. It also has a medium 32″-scale length (812,8 mm) which plays just like a regular Jazz Bass with a capo at the first fret. The medium-scale permits the use of slightly heavier gauge strings while retaining the same “feel” (string tension) as a standard length 34″-scale bass. Production of this model began in 2003 (prior to the introduction of the USA model) and the earliest examples had the model number AJB-90M/DJ. In 2007, the medium scale bass acquired the model number AJB-M/DJ and was offered in Black, Olympic White and GunMetal Blue.
Every retailer offers a warranty optimized for their clients. Get in contact with your retailer for more information!
The guitar is used by the best and also by beginners. There are a lot of possibilities and sounds to explore – the guitar is a challenge to play for everyone, nevertheless your valour or experience. The best aspect about this guitar is that you can find your own sound with the guitar and not stay in the box – there will be no boxes. Finding the right tune for you has never been really that simple. Just pick up the guitar, tune it, strap it and start playing. The guitar itself will do the rest in assisting you in finding the sound that you produce yourself.
YouTube Review #1 – The Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass takes one of the most iconic basses in history – The Fender Jazz bass and creates an all-new version.
Made of basswood, it weighs 7 pounds or 3KG, the bass offers maximum manoeuvrability and a very prominent midrange tone.
The bass has a 34″ scale length neck. A standard Fender Precision and Jazz pick up, stained chrome hardware, stained rosewood fretboard, a beautiful cream binding and a very tidy Stratocaster type socket jack.
Youtube Review #2 – Black beauty made in Japan… Sexy shapes and piano black colour. Tinted binding, curved top and top hat knobs – Awesome! The bass features a basswood body, maple neck and rosewood fretboard. Hardware is made by Gotoh, the nut is 38mm and the frets are medium jumbo. Cool guitar to have!
The bass was restored:
Amazon Reviews #1 – “This bass is one of the best I have ever owned. I picked mine up back in 2008 from a local vendor, not through Amazon. Didn’t make any adjustments to the action or pickups when I first purchased it, and I have made no adjustments over the past 6 years either. I left this bass in the closet for an entire year once. I pulled it out… it was still in tune! The neck is straight, the bass is light, and the sound is just what I am looking for. I would have to say the sound might be nicer in the mids rather than the lows, but that is the sound I like. I have no regrets about buying this bass and would purchase it again if I had to.”
Amazon Reviews #2 – “I have been meaning to buy this bass for 30 years and now I got one! This bass was made for any type of music: Funk, R & B, Soul. It has a rich, deep sound. It is ready to play right out of the box. Good strings on it also. The late, great Louis ‘Thunder Thumbs’ Johnson (MJ’s Bassist), The Great Bootsy Collins and BrownMark (Prince’s second Bassist) are Fender Jazz fans. Don’t know if my man Larry Graham uses it.”
Being an icon in the Fender Bass lineup, as well as being a legend in the entire musical world, having one of the most reasonable prices around and yet maintaining the quality and feel of a right bass guitar, makes it a no brainer. The Fender Aerodyne Jazz can produce many different sounds and vibes. This is the guitar you just cannot go wrong with and that is why it is the best bass under 1000 euros in our opinion.
If you like this article and found the provided information useful, you might want to check out our other reviews at AalbergAudio.com